CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME (CET)
LINK FOR TIME CONVERSION: HTTPS://WWW.THETIMEZONECONVERTER.COM/
ALL-DAY SESSION ON CURRENT, TOPICAL AND TIMELY GRC, GDPR,
DATA- PRIVACY, PROTECTION, IT-, CYBERSECURITY ISSUES
The global GRC regulatory landscape is complex and constantly changing, and good governance, risk management, compliance and IT security is a top priority at all levels of organizations globally.
- In the USA, where many of the compliance mandates originate, over 300 million pages of regulatory documents are published and hundreds of daily alerts.
- There is a potential for huge ﬁnes and significant reputation damage.
- If not structured, GRC issues dominate the corporate compliance landscape with an overreach.
|Timing||Topics/Speakers. The morning session on Good Governance Issues|
|8:50 – 9:00||Registration|
|9:00 – 9:10||Welcome Remarks|
|9:00 – 9:35||
How to address the stakeholder demand on social justice and re-calibrating our corporate values and ethics
|9:40 – 10:00||
How to create a governance structure that will withstand disruptive events but is capable of adjustments to succeed?
|10:00 – 10:30||
How to enforce and implement corporate governance and processes to manage regulatory changes at a large scale
|10:30 – 10:45||
Tea Break. Before Lunch sessions on global Risk Management issues
|10:45 – 11:15||
How can risk management officers identify and leverage benchmark data and report on KPI’s
|11:15 – 12:00||
Is your risk management program prepared for the changing environment and the next unknown.
|12:00 – 12:30||
The components that make corporate risk management successful and avoid the black holes.
|12:30 – 1:00||Lunch Break. Afternoon sessions on global compliance issues|
|1:00 – 1:30||
Value of Assessing a compliance program to Create Operational Resiliency
|1:30 – 2:00||
How does compliance relate to operational resiliency?
|2:00 – 2:30||
How can the current compliance processes lay the foundation for an integrated GRC approach for greater operational resiliency?
|2:30 – 2:45||Tea Break. Final sessions on Data Privacy, Data Protection and GDPR issues|
Understand the main GDPR-related privacy trends of the past three years
Anny Pinto Zeballos, SVP Global Privacy Officer & Legal Head Group IT and Digital, The Adecco Group
How to prepare the business for a variety of GDPR compliance threats
What are the risk assessments businesses need to determine data categories?
Final Q&A with all speakers. Closing remarks
Below are a few pointers and components to help develop, structure, improve, refine and sharpen your hands-on capabilities on the data you need to address the GRC/GDPR challenges.
These subjects can be used as a practical checklist to provide the techniques for implementing or updating the GRC/GDPR compliance program to fit the organisation current needs. You can also use these areas to get inspiration to ask questions during the seminar:
- IT Security and Data Breach
- How can we prevent abuse or misuse of personal data
- How do we address violations
- What are the remedies that we use to correct the faults and errors?
- Privacy by Design: Understanding the Mandates and The Practical Dimensions
- What is the legal basis of IT and cybersecurity compliance in the organisation?
- How to ensure consistent consent from data subjects to secondary processing
- The review of the audit process for implementing change in processing personal data?
- Data Privacy Impact Assessments: The Full Picture
- How should regularly reviews the data and process (regular data flow mapping, audits, risk assessments and reviews) ensure the legal basis has not changed
- How is the personal information is collected and used?
- Do we use data exactly for the purpose it was collected
- Top Operational Responses to GDPR: What To Do and When
- We walk through a couple of step-by-step experiences.
The realities of data breach notification and responses require exceptional in-house communication (with information on what to do before, during, and after an incident occurs) to prepare the organisation for a violation, handle tricky multi-jurisdictional legal notices.
Therefore, if you are uncertain that your team is ready for the biggest digitisation, transformation and data protection reform in 20 years, this workshop will help you prepare. Together with an IT Security manager, the two experts offer a practical, hands-on view of the essential assessment of the GDPR with knowledge about key concepts, scope of application, individual rights, core principles, compliance in practice, accountability, data protection impact assessments and more.
- The immediate actions to take when presented with a potential data breach
- How to handle cybersecurity and lower the risks and exposure to IT and data breaches
- Regulatory Developments; Info security, Trans-Border Data Flow,
- Learn practical techniques for the implementation of a privacy program fitting your organisation
- Learn from two industry veterans who will help highlight the differences between the new regulation and earlier directives
Bootcamp moderators; Kersi Porbunderwalla Secretary-General Copenhagen Compliance UK Ltd.
IT Governance Issues
How To Prepare For The Data Breach And The Ethics Breach
- Break down the difference between a data breach and an ethics breach.
- Define the key insights from recent data breaches and learn how to avoid these mishaps
- Gain an incident and breach toolkit to prepare the organisation ahead of a breach
Developing GDPR and Data Privacy, Data Protection Policies
- The structural basis of the GDPR Policies, procedures and Frameworks
- GDPR as a platform for improving IT Concepts
- Developing Privacy as a competitive advantage- leveraging the investment
- Post-GDPR landscape in European jurisdictions
- Enforcement actions against EU companies under the GDPR;
- Guidance issued by local regulators touching on Data Protection Impact Assessment and Data Protection Officers
Guidance Issued By Local Regulators And Review Of The Latest GDPR Publications:
- Data Protection Impact Assessment and Data Protection Officers
- EDBP Guidelines on certification
- European Cybersecurity Act incl.
- European Cybersecurity Certification Framework
Establishing Data Privacy Culture & Risk Assurance
- Embedding privacy culture within the company & privacy by design measures;
- Conducting privacy impact assessments;
- Risk management at the corporate group level
GDPR Compliance Issues
Case Study; Overview Of GDPR Project At Company ABC
- The Key Compliance challenges
- The Corporate perspective vs Client point of view
- Important Implementation Lessons Learnt
GDPR 3.0 – Supporting The GRC and IT Security Momentum
- Best practices in data management and Security
- DPO 2.0 The journey continues…
- Disclosures and Notification obligations beyond GDPR
How to Harmonise Data Protection In A Diverse Context?
- Diverse context (multiple businesses, entities, territories, authorities/ DPAs, control approach, etc.)
- Networking and stakeholder’s coordination
- Approach cross-context DP processes (DPIAs, data breach, DPA request, etc.)
- Generate trust through 3rd party assessment
Moving GDPR From Programme Implementation to Business as Usual
- A three-year GDPR programme transition is needed.
- Embedding and integration of Risk Management processes is essential
- Continued focus and management attention for success is critical
GDPR Risk Management Issues
GDPR And Pseudonymization Solutions – Enabling Further Processing And Lowering Risks
- General legal and organisational requirements for pseudonymization examples
- Data protection focus group on pseudonymization
- How to eliminate the risk of Data Breach with Intelligent Pseudonymisation of Personal Data
GDPR; The Solutions and Processes for Lowering Risks
- The need for further processing for analytical and other big data processes
- The need for risk reduction
- Risk Assessments: The Touchpoints
Minimising Privacy Risk From A Global Data Processor’s Perspective
- DPO, Controller or Processor? – (and the risk of mixing roles)
- Minimising the aggregate privacy risk vs contract sharing
- Using a Data Processor modular DPIA and data flow
- Leveraging Binding Corporate Rules as Data Processor
GDPR Cyber-and IT Security Issues
Responding to Data Breaches – The Different (Lawyer, Corporate, Oversight) Perspectives
- Regulatory guidance and evolving practice under the GDPR
- The thresholds for notification requirements under the GDPR
- Legal considerations: Privilege, self-incrimination
- Contractual aspects and insurance
Privacy and Data Protection in The Age of Big Data & Algorithms
- Big data & privacy: main challenges
- Privacy and security by design as the way forward in the age of big data
- Big data and algorithms: challenges and opportunities
Ensuring Privacy and Concealing Biometric Data
- Concealing biometric PII with de-identification
- PII from facial recognition to avoid identity theft
- Privacy challenges in the age of facial recognition
- Lessons from the latest incidents involving facial recognition misuse
- Methods for dealing with AI-driven facial recognition
GDPR; How Can the Assessment of IT And Technical Measures Generate Trust
- High relevance due to the high amount of IoT devices
- Technical measures and State-of-the-Art required by the GDPR
- The need for further processing for analytical and other big data processes
- Data Scrambling Vs. Mapping techniques