Audit Committee Network
Global companies are increasingly met
by new regulations and mandates, that continually challenge the corporate
governance, risk management, compliance and IT security (GRC) processes
and therefore make greater demands to the audit committee. The Copenhagen
Compliance® UK Ltd.'s UK Audit Committee Governance Network is a group
of audit committee chairs, members, and stakeholders who are committed
to improving the performance of audit committees and the board of directors
by enhancing trust in financial markets and all stakeholders.
The concept is to yield practical, updated, topical and timely guidance
The primary purpose of the network/forum is to increase the member's expertise,
start the development journey based on sparring and knowledge sharing
on particular challenges from the members of the professional network.
In addition, the network will share surveys and articles in newsletters
so that the members can influence the topics and content, to expand the
Benefits and Valuesv The network meetings will focus on practical
issues to improve the audit committee and overall board performance. Each
agenda will be identified and approved by the members in an attempt to
- A strong professional network
- Access to content, roadmaps and frameworks developed by GT/Copenhagen
- Access to experts in the GRC and audit field
- Benefit from input on international policy matters and best practices
- Challenging members and their audit committees
- Contact to sparring and knowledge sharing
- Exchange of emerging global best practices
- Improved audit committee performance
- Professional updates at the highest level
- Peer-to-peer dialogue on immediate issues
- Stakeholder contribution to enhancing trust and integrity
- Topical subjects provided by oversight authorities & other members
Each meeting will be presented with current and topical audit committee
challenges and changes under the influence, perspectives, and responsibilities
of the most significant financial, risk, reporting, auditing, and governance
matters, facing the committee.
At each meeting network members will learn on how to address the prominent
audit committee issues and identify new strategies for improving GRC.
At each session, there will be expert guidance from board members, regulators,
oversight authorities, government officials, and financial reporting experts.
Some of the identified Audit Committee issues for the first two meetings
- Board oversight of corporate culture
- Dialogue on audit policy
- Evolution of audit regulators
- Emerging international risks
- Enhancing stakeholder communication
- Evolving tax landscape
- Integrated reporting
- Investor Activism
- Mandatory audit rotation
- Controls of Cyber- Risks and Security
- Monitoring of significant transactions
- Oversight of tax strategy
Other 2016-17 opportunities for the network; GDPR and privacy regulation,
export sanctions, corruption, supervision of cartels, new control requirements,
accountability, transparency, framework to provide content and insight,
assess and determine strategic risk areas, sharpen financial skills, clear
communication, creating clear synergy between governance, risk and compliance
All AC network meetings will be held under an adapted version of the Chatham
House Rule: whereby the members name and company affiliation are public
records, however, any comments made during the meetings are not attributable
to individuals, companies, or industries.
All insights and emerging best practices developed by the network will
be shared by network members, and will be published in Copenhagen Compliance
newsletters. The articles are then distributed to the members and can
be freely distributed to colleagues, peers, and advisers.
Copenhagen Compliance® is a global GRC think tank. As a privately held
professional services firm, the mission is the advancement of the corporate
ability to govern across the borders of sector, geography, and constituency.
The material prepared by the networks is developed and copyrighted for
the use by the members and in Copenhagen Compliance newsletters.