Implementing the Board Of Directors, management and stakeholder expectations throughout the organisation and to all employees.
The purpose of the Copenhagen Compliance® Ethics and Integrity workshop/approach is to address the visionary attitude of the board of directors and management, so that the message on ethics and integrity issues goes global. The workshop builds on The Board of Directors and senior managementʼs expectations on both monitoring oversight and expose the opportunities so that ʻnothingʼ is taken for granted.
The results of the workshop are to ensure that politics on ethics and integrity issues does not overrun the workplace but provides that an increasing importance to monitoring of policies and procedures for Ethics and Integrity compliance.
After each workshop the ethics and integrity initiative will forge new internal alliances across the organisation. The revised understanding of ethics and integrity issues will foster pacts between e.g. HR department on new whistle-blower actions, antibribery, corruption, and third-party risk management. The aftermath of the workshop is to address any cynicism on the revised ethics and integrity issues head on, by expanding its scope throughout the organisation.
Opportunities for implementing individual integrity and business ethics principles are not optional. We conduct the training, seminars and implementation so that ALL employees are aware and pledge that;
- No business deal can ever be justified if putting the companyʼs reputation at risk is at stake.
- All stakeholders will be competent to undertake their actions on agreed value standards and communicate these principles and responsibilities
- to all employees.
- Participants will ʻownʼ the Ethical business conduct with the Integrity components
- Will share the responsibility or understanding together with the principles for guidance
The ethics and integrity seminar/workshop will discover the gaps and guide and influence an entrepreneurial spirit and accountability to the participants. Besides providing regular and comprehensive information on stakeholder integrity and commercial ethics to business partners, the ethics and integrity seminar/workshop will support the complex situations of day-to-day business and provide orientation on local ethics and integrity cases, scenario and examples. We address all stakeholders worldwide, including suppliers, sales partners, joint venture partners, third party as well as marketing and sponsorship partners.
The ethics and integrity, seminar/workshop content, covers the principles of the UN Global Compact in the areas of human rights, labour rights and standards, environmental protection and anti-corruption and the future of sustainability with sustainable development goals.
The Ethics and Integrity seminar/workshop will create a culture introducing an interactive, case-based dialogue using everyday ethics. Getting ethics and integrity issues right is more than merely embracing the company code of conduct. We go thru the possibilities of errors and interpretations when employees are confronted with challenging situations and can be in doubt.
During the workshop we review the mechanisms of ʻPeople governanceʼ and the implementation of ethical principles and attitudes that lead to the integration of people related questions in all stages of the decision-making process. Thereby the participants can act coherently and strengthen all the human dimensions connected to the internal and external activities of the company when they return to their respective departments.
We will develop a framework (The Ethical Compass) for ethical decision making that allows them to protect both company and client interests and safeguard the companyʼs reputation. The practical component of the workshop is designed to put the participants in situations with a role play, so they can learn exactly how ethics can play an often subtle role in everyday business decisions. http://copenhagencharter.com/practices.html
The interactive discussions of real-world case studies will bring to life the various shades of solving ethical and integrity dilemmas for a variety of situations to understand how ethics and integrity violations may differ in countries, divisions, or from the decision of colleagues. We will deliver;
- Work through the real-life examples and scenarios that make ethics and integrity programs understandable.
- Participants will recognise, interpret and respond to questionable conduct.
- Clear on ethical grey areas in business practice and identify areas of possible mistakes.
- Determine the consequences of the cultural component of ethics and integrity
- Uniform customer relationships, trust and confidence with all stakeholders.
- Optimise the risk of regulatory or reputational compliance.
- Story-telling on hoe to optimise current processes and find gaps in code-of-conduct.
- Four sections with built-in Q&A sessions with online surveys to get the maximal amount of feedback on a large number of appropriate, current and valid questions relating to organic growth, corporate revenues and market capitalisation.
At the end of the workshop, we have ring-fenced the principal message on Ethics and Integrity vision, goals and infrastructure and implementation from the board and leadership. Based on the organisation culture we go thru the legal compliance policies and rules, including the disciplinary measures, risks and rewards. We will ensure that Integrity and ethics processes are embedded thru roadmaps and frameworks for regular follow-up and to avoid quarterly or annual assessments and that training, education and communication on all issues that are covered is an ongoing process.